Economic Development and Regeneration Worklessness Event
12 March 2012
Venue: Maidstone Skills Centre, Titchfield Road, Maidstone, Kent ME15 8FX
Sustainable employment through targeted support
A local conference organised jointly by Maidstone Economic Development and Regeneration Delivery Group and Connexions Kent and Medway
The conference brings together expert speakers and practitioners to address the key challenges in helping people access training, support, apprenticeships and employment in the current economic climate.
This year saw the Government intensify its focus on economic growth and job creation with the national roll out of its Work Programme to address the challenges of creating joined-up local solutions for reducing unemployment. Methods for effectively targeting support to have the greatest impact will be under the spotlight, as local authorities, housing associations, businesses and training and employment providers seek to leverage greater efficiencies from partnership working.
Tackling worklessness involves a total multi-agency commitment and for worklessness programmes to have the maximum impact it is imperative to stay on top of the latest reforms in welfare, social housing and skills development.
AIMS OF THE CONFERENCE
- Increase awareness of the issues of Worklessness in the Maidstone borough;
- Identify gaps and share good practice ;
- Identify priorities for action ;
- Advertise and display the benefits of mentoring, apprenticeships and work experience for young people ;
- Establish who is working with young people effectively in Maidstone.
Download Full Agenda
- Building links Housing Providers and Business mar12 (ppt 716kb)
- Go Train – ANGIE SHAW (pptx 579kb)
- JILL EDWARDS – MID KENT COLLEGE (ppsx 5.2MB)
- JOB CENTRE PLUS- AILSA WHITMARSH (pptx 114kb)
- ROB WILLIAMSON – KCC (pptx 232kb)
- SE-APPRENTICESHIPS – EMMA DUDLEY (pptx 195kb)
- Tackling Social Economic Barriers to Employment – Trevor Wilson THINK3e (pptx 569kb)
- TOMORROWS PEOPLE – ROBBIE SMYTH (pptx 2.1MB)
- WORKLESSNESS, LITERACY & READING – lINDSAY PRESTAGE (pptx 4.3MB)